Mechanic | Log Book Car Service Kunda Park Sunshine Coast
This page was created to help your understanding of your car and how to service it.
As mechanics, three things come to our mind when servicing – safety, reliability and economy – because it is important to us that you get great service at a good price.
We have Qualified Mechanics for your car repairs and services in Kunda Park, Sunshine Coast. Log book car services that won’t void your warranty. Suspension and brake repairs as well.
Let’s talk about two reasons why a car should be properly serviced.
The first is it increases the reliability of your car and help you maintain your car economically by changing components regularly. The other reason is it provides the assurance of safety when using the vehicle.
That is why we designed Log Book Car Service – Basic Service, so that you can have rest of mind, without putting a hole in your pocket.
If you are unsure if your car is due for service or the kind of service it needs, try the Basic Service to help with the most pressing maintenance items like the engine oil and filter as well as a thorough inspection of your vehicle.
When this has been completed satisfactorily, we can then provide suggestions for you based on the inspection carried out.
Our mechanics know that it is not very easy to part with money at this time, so we will tell you the most important service materials needed so that you don’t have to do everything all at once.
Log Book Car Service – Basic Service
The following items are part of the Log Book Car Service Basic Service:
- Changing engine oil and filter.
- Inclusion of oil filter and 5 litres of oil (semi-synthetic 10W30).
We will advise of additional costs before work is carried out if a different oil is required.
- Checking and topping up of all necessary fluid levels.
- Adjusting tension of ancillary drive belt as needed.
- Adjusting of handbrake.
- Adjusting of pressures of inflation of all tyres, spare tyre included.
- Lubrication of hinges of doors and checking of straps, latches and locks.
- Lubrication of sliding doors and hatches on vans.
- Greasing of nipples at drive shafts, suspension joints, steering components etc.
- Cleaning and removal of corrosion on terminals of the battery.
- Topping up of electrolyte of the battery.
- Resetting of service reminder and service electronics.
Checking of electrical components:
- Testing to see that all lights are working.
- Testing of heater and air conditioner to see that they are working.
- Testing of battery performance.
- Checking under the bonnet:
- Checking the engine coolant to see that it is good condition.
- Checking the brake fluid to see that it is in good condition.
- Checking the radiator and heater hoses.
- Checking the radiator thoroughly for corrosion, obstructions or leakage.
- Checking to see that cooling fans are working well.
- Checking of air filter.
- Checking of injectors, injector rails and fuel lines for leakage.
Checking of wheels:
- Checking of rims of wheels for visible damage.
- Checking all tyres depth of tyre threads and uneven wear.
- Checking for damages in the tyres.
Checking under the car:
- Checking of differentials, engine, transmission, transfer box, and gearbox for oil leakage.
- Checking of differentials, transfer box and gearbox for leakage.
- Checking of engine, body rubber mountings and gearbox.
- Checking of rear and front suspension components for deterioration, wear and excessive free play.
- Checking of steering components for excessive free-play, wear and deterioration.
- Checking of exhaust system for improper mounting or leakage.
- Checking for wear in universal joints and ensuring security of drive shafts.
- Checking for damage in CV boots.
Checking the brakes:
- Ensuring good condition of brake friction material.
- Checking for wear in brake discs.
- Checking for cracks, leaks and damage in flexible brake lines and brake hoses.
- Testing operation of brakes.
- Testing operation of clutch.
- Testing of performance of transmission and engine.
- Checking for strange noises in differential, transmission, CV joints, wheel bearings etc.
- Testing of handling and performance of steering and suspension.
- Checking for clunks and knocks resulting from suspension component wear.
When our mechanics are done with the service, you will receive a comprehensive list of all defects present and other changes that are necessary to be made like worn brake pads, for instance. You will also get a cost estimate.
Note that at Log Book Car Service, we have a stringent policy that prevents us from carrying out any work until you approve.
Also, the service is for medium- and small-sized passenger cars as well as a few commercial vehicles. Note that there will be extra charges for some vehicles that require high-performance or large amounts of oil.
Ensure to reach out to us with your vehicle details so that we can provide you with an exact quote for the Basic Service that comprises all the items listed above. Contact Us.